Like many others we were to stay at the peace lodge during our trip to CR, but with the closing d/t the earthquake (they have reopened I understand) the offered us the Springs for pretty much the same rate (owned by the same people). The resort is beautiful and they have spared no expense. We had a family suite since we had our 2 boys (ages 10 and 13) - great space, beautiful view. My 13 y/o was feeling under the weather the first day there - he picked the right place to hang, big TV, and he could order DVDs that they brought right to the room!
We had spent the previous 10 days having an active CR vacation, including 4 days at the arenal observatory lodge, this is a much better place to stay if you want to hike and see the lava activity of the volcano. views from the Springs are great but no lava and there are no hiking trails or anything else to do other than the mineral springs and spa right at the resort. That's why we thought it was a great way to end our vacation, 3 days of R&R, we were going to do a few more hikes, but once we got ther, the kid not feeling great and the beautiful resort we decided not to leave. You can do excursions from there and I think most people did. I just would stay at a less expensive place if I was going to be gone all day.
The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 is because of the food, it was good, but for that type of resort it could be better. BUT the food was very reasonably priced considering the type of place it is. They could definately soak you and they don't - even offering reduced kids buffet price and kids menu. The sushi was very good.
Staff was very accomodating and friendly.
Right now they only have 30+ rooms built, but have built the resort to meet the needs of 150 rooms, so it feels totally empty which is at times a little weird, but for the most part kind of cool - we literally had the lower springs and waterslide as our own little haven!
Let me know if you have any questions about the resort or Arenal area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park