Just returned from two days at the Springs Resort in Spa near Mount Arenal and it was relaxing. I really don’t think I could give it less than 5 out of 5 on the rating scale.
We had a regular room but the view of Mount Arenal (when it was shrouded in clouds) was amazing. If this is the view from a regular room I can’t imagine what it would be like from an upgraded room. Actually, the entire hotel has amazing views of the volcano from the pool area to the dining areas. I have been told all the beds are king-sized and ours faced the volcano. We also had a large bathroom with a shower and jacuzzi.
Now to those pools. I think we tried all of them, I can’t remember how many there were, but it was relaxing and enjoyable. From the heated spring pools to the casual pool with the swim up bar I have no real complaints. In fact, we did not check out the Perdido pools until the last day because it looked like they were under construction. I have to say it was a pleasant surprise when we checked them out and had all the pools to ourselves for a couple of hours. We also tried the water slide which was pretty fast and uncontrollable.
The only two downsides of this hotel are one; the last 2.2 miles to the resort are on a rough road. After you turn off the main road it is another 2.2 miles on a rough, boulder strewn road to the resort. Now this won’t bother most people because they will arrive by bus, rental, etc. but we did have our own car and it took a little beating. I don’t know if I would make the drive in a sedan because of clearance issues. Also, seeing we had our own car this made us less likely to venture back and forth into Fortuna for meals because it took about 15 minutes to get back to the main road. Now, I don’t know if this is by design by the hotel to keep guests at the hotel for their meals but it did work on us for one night. Secondly, they have a nice bar food menu at one of the restaurants by the pool although unfortunately that restaurant closes at 7:00 PM and you cannot get room service from that restaurant in your room. That means if you don’t want a formal dinner and just want some bar grub you have to eat early or leave the hotel because the ventanas, buffet and sushi bar do not serve these meals.
Overall though, those 2 negatives are minor inconveniences for the hotel. If you plan on staying here I don’t think you will be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park