“Just amazing!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Florida
“Just amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2009

we just came back from the Springs Resort in costa rica - its just perfect. the mineral springs are so relaxing - rooms are first class. picture perfect views of volcano. service was excellent, the food delicious and reasonable priced. You feel like youre in paradise - road into resort is a bit rough, you start to doubt whether the pics on internet are accurate but once you arrive your fears are erased. sooo relaxing and peaceful

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2009

We visited the Springs Resort and Spa during our honeymoon for 3 nights ... and wished we booked it for longer. The resort is amazing with emmaculate views and they have the best hot springs too. Our room was awesome, with 2 bathrooms and a balcony equipped with 2 hammocks. The service was excellent ... they even had a nice DVD collection if you want to watch movies at night. The only bad thing I will say is that the resort is a little hard to get to on this long bumpy road. Most places charge an extra $15-20 to take you there. We definitely hope to return someday ...

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2009

My new husband and I were married at the Springs on May 9th. With us we brought along our 8 yr old daughter and 5 other guests. The Springs was the best place to have our ceremony. We had been planning our wedding since last June and had to relocate from the Peacelodge after the earthquake hit in January. I was very skeptical because I wanted a waterfall wedding. Cindy the owner allowed us to move everyone over to the Springs though they had not opened it for weddings yet. We did have reservations before the earthquake but they were only for the two of us.
My husband and I stayed in the Villa Guayaba. It was beautiful and we decided to have our wedding there on the back patio in front of the infinity pool. The staff was overly accomodating. There is nothing they cannot do. They decorated the entire area with flowers. Leonardo was our wedding coordinator and he was more concered about the wedding arrangements than I was. They allowed us to dine in the air conditioned restuarant throughout the stay for our parents sake as they are from the north with colder weather and the restaurant has specific hours. The food was excellent especially the french toast on the breakfast buffet.
I loved all of the staff. The hotel is gorgeous but what makes it WONDERFUL is the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping. The sushi was great. Our wedding cake (with strawberries in it) was excellent and we had nothing to do with picking it out. It was far better than 99% of the wedding cakes I have had in the states.
I must say that our parents were very concerned about leaving the country as they do not travel international. They all had the time of their lives. Andre was so fun on the ATV tour, I recommend it to all. Allen was great horseback riding, he took my daughter and I out off the property on Mother's Day and it poured the entire time. We had so much fun and he never insisted on turning back. He was soaked without a rain jacket and was still smiling. We had ours on! Lee the owner was there also and he was so welcoming to us.
I cannot express how fortunate we were to have such a beautiful intimate wedding that had little stress (Only stress was me fitting into my dress). We will always be able to look back and remember what a priceless time we had. We have already booked the Guayaba for the same dates next year. If you are considering having a wedding here don't think twice. You are more than welcome to call the hotel ask for Cindy to contact you and ask her for my number. I told them I would talk to any guest that had questions or concerns about planning their wedding here. The Springs will definitly always have a place in our hearts. I cannot say enough!
We stayed a total of two weeks in Costa Rica. I also recommend the Hotel Grano de Oro in San Jose and the Trapp Family Lodge in Monteverde. For those looking for luxury but in an outdoor warm setting with bugs check out Rancho Pacifico in Uvita. But I only recommend Rancho for 3 nights max (we stayed 5).

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2009

I titled this review, "too nice", because we did not leave! This is far and away the nicet resort I have ever stayed at. The view of the volcano is awesome and very interesting. It is in a unique location in that you have a view of both the green side, and the active side. Although many people say they did not get to see the top of Arenal, we were in the area for 5 days, and it was clear every day. We sat in hot springs and watched lava and boulders come down the active side.. unbelieveable!! The rooms are just awesome, huge, clean, and comfy. The bathrooms juts off into separate areas for maximum privacy. The front porch has hammocks, tables, and chairs. If you have the money to splurge, you won't be disappointed!

Bradenton, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2009

We spent 3 days and 4 nights at the Springs Resort and Spa. We were in one of the Casa's and we were blown away when we checked in and saw it. Everything was amazing. They were new, clean, roomy. The staff was very friendly and efficient. Restaurants were good. We wished we could stay longer. We really did not need to leave the resort. There were many activities that actually took place right in the resort.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Cicero, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

If all the reviews that you have read about the Springs Resort in La Fortuna Costa Rica have not made you book your reservations directly with the Springs Resort this review will certainly pursuade you. They say that a picture says a thousand words and yet pictures do not do this resort justice. It is far too beautiful and much to relaxing to be captured by any mere image.
My Husband and I were originally booked for 7 nights at the Paradisus Playa Conchal in Guanacaste but decided to break the trip up a bit for our honeymoon "adventure". That was probably the most inspired idea we could have had, but when we chose the Springs resort based on the great reviews our genius was revealed. This place was amazing the moment we arrived they knew it was our honeymoon gave us a complimentary bottle of wine (which all of the mini fridges have in the rooms - less than $20 and you get a full bottle...not bad). Also we were given what we understood to be a complimentary 15 minute couples massage which turned out to be 50 minutes and was absolutely heavenly.
The hotel was eager to help us with our tour adventures which we decided upon the Sky Trek zip line tour (and we were not disappointed). The tour group picked us on time and we had an amazing experience. Once back at the hotel we enjoyed what seemed like our own private resort we were there from May 9th - May 12th and although I must say the cloud cover never rose above half of the volcano as we sat on our our own private veranda we still though we had a million dollar view.
All the hot springs, hot tubs, pools etc were fantastic and beautiful beyond words. There has been really no expense spared on this resort, owned and operated by an American (which shows). The food was excellent and plentiful, the drinks were reasonably priced at around $7 per drink. They had a fabulous outdoor gas burning fireplace where they served lunch and although no one else thought that was the hot spot we did, every night we had drinks by the fire and thought we were the luckiest people on the planet.
Well I certainly hope that this review whet your appetite for an unimaginable piece of heaven here on earth in a country that is breath takingly beautiful and exciting.

Sonoma, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2009

We had not orginally planned on staying at this resort. Our plans were to stay at the Peace Lodge owned by the same people, but when the earthquake caused damage to the Peace Lodge area they offered to move us to their new property for the same price (a fantastic offer). We had in our plans of this vacation to stay in this area but at the Tabacon Lodge. I must tell you this is not a place to miss, even though I hate to see it get as crowded as Tabacon gets with day visitors to the pools. From the moment we arrived it was pure heaven. The staff is very accomodating, but not in your face. The rooms are even better looking than what you will see in pictures. They all face the Arenal volcano and you have garden views as well. The size of the rooms are large in comparison to the norm and we were in the standard room and it was like a deluxe. The pools are wonderful too. There are 18 to choose from and it was never crowded at all. Like we had the resort to ourselves at times. It is the beginning of the rainy season, but this never got in the way of any of our plans. If it rained in the morning, the afternoon was great and visa versa. There is some construction going on of another building which eventually there will be 115 rooms (37 open now). We were NEVER bothered by any noise at all. The restaurants on the property are a little pricey, but the food was excellent and celebrated my birthday at one of the restaurants. The sign to the resort is small from the road so be on the lookout and then you will drive up a gravel road and think where in the heck are we going, but then when the road meets the resort...you are in Shangri-La. Would return again as this and the Peace Lodge are first rate and all Tico's are wonderful people.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!