My new husband and I were married at the Springs on May 9th. With us we brought along our 8 yr old daughter and 5 other guests. The Springs was the best place to have our ceremony. We had been planning our wedding since last June and had to relocate from the Peacelodge after the earthquake hit in January. I was very skeptical because I wanted a waterfall wedding. Cindy the owner allowed us to move everyone over to the Springs though they had not opened it for weddings yet. We did have reservations before the earthquake but they were only for the two of us.
My husband and I stayed in the Villa Guayaba. It was beautiful and we decided to have our wedding there on the back patio in front of the infinity pool. The staff was overly accomodating. There is nothing they cannot do. They decorated the entire area with flowers. Leonardo was our wedding coordinator and he was more concered about the wedding arrangements than I was. They allowed us to dine in the air conditioned restuarant throughout the stay for our parents sake as they are from the north with colder weather and the restaurant has specific hours. The food was excellent especially the french toast on the breakfast buffet.
I loved all of the staff. The hotel is gorgeous but what makes it WONDERFUL is the staff from the front desk to the housekeeping. The sushi was great. Our wedding cake (with strawberries in it) was excellent and we had nothing to do with picking it out. It was far better than 99% of the wedding cakes I have had in the states.
I must say that our parents were very concerned about leaving the country as they do not travel international. They all had the time of their lives. Andre was so fun on the ATV tour, I recommend it to all. Allen was great horseback riding, he took my daughter and I out off the property on Mother's Day and it poured the entire time. We had so much fun and he never insisted on turning back. He was soaked without a rain jacket and was still smiling. We had ours on! Lee the owner was there also and he was so welcoming to us.
I cannot express how fortunate we were to have such a beautiful intimate wedding that had little stress (Only stress was me fitting into my dress). We will always be able to look back and remember what a priceless time we had. We have already booked the Guayaba for the same dates next year. If you are considering having a wedding here don't think twice. You are more than welcome to call the hotel ask for Cindy to contact you and ask her for my number. I told them I would talk to any guest that had questions or concerns about planning their wedding here. The Springs will definitly always have a place in our hearts. I cannot say enough!
We stayed a total of two weeks in Costa Rica. I also recommend the Hotel Grano de Oro in San Jose and the Trapp Family Lodge in Monteverde. For those looking for luxury but in an outdoor warm setting with bugs check out Rancho Pacifico in Uvita. But I only recommend Rancho for 3 nights max (we stayed 5).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park