We had not orginally planned on staying at this resort. Our plans were to stay at the Peace Lodge owned by the same people, but when the earthquake caused damage to the Peace Lodge area they offered to move us to their new property for the same price (a fantastic offer). We had in our plans of this vacation to stay in this area but at the Tabacon Lodge. I must tell you this is not a place to miss, even though I hate to see it get as crowded as Tabacon gets with day visitors to the pools. From the moment we arrived it was pure heaven. The staff is very accomodating, but not in your face. The rooms are even better looking than what you will see in pictures. They all face the Arenal volcano and you have garden views as well. The size of the rooms are large in comparison to the norm and we were in the standard room and it was like a deluxe. The pools are wonderful too. There are 18 to choose from and it was never crowded at all. Like we had the resort to ourselves at times. It is the beginning of the rainy season, but this never got in the way of any of our plans. If it rained in the morning, the afternoon was great and visa versa. There is some construction going on of another building which eventually there will be 115 rooms (37 open now). We were NEVER bothered by any noise at all. The restaurants on the property are a little pricey, but the food was excellent and celebrated my birthday at one of the restaurants. The sign to the resort is small from the road so be on the lookout and then you will drive up a gravel road and think where in the heck are we going, but then when the road meets the resort...you are in Shangri-La. Would return again as this and the Peace Lodge are first rate and all Tico's are wonderful people.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.