This was our second trip to Costa Rica (explored different regions) and this Resort was mind-blowing. Absolutely beautiful and so very relaxing. If you want to explore, however, there are excursions offered. The photos you see on the website are very true to the in-person comparison. Very surreal. The views are amazing from every room and the rooms themselves are very spacious and decorated perfectly. There are several hot spring pools, each very unique and each one offers a different pool temperature for everyone's liking. While we unfortunately didn't have enough time during our stay here to experience the Spa itself, friends told us how wonderful it was. The staff at The Springs are also amazing (shout out to Luis - what great service). The food is absolutely delicious (very fresh, great variety and very generous portions). The Springs is not quite complete, but you don't even notice the construction. Although, the road leading up to the Resort was very rough. We had the pleasure of meeting the owner Lee, who is so down to Earth and very socialable with his guests. You don't see that interaction very often, so that was very refreshing. He told us of his plans for the completion, and they too sound amazing. The existing surroundings were so beautiful, that I can't even imagine it being any better than it already is. My husband and I had a wonderful trip and can't wait to go back to see the final result. The Springs is a great honeymoon spot, or perfect as a luxurious relaxing vacation. You definitely want to spend more than 3 days here. Well worth the splurge, so plan ahead for this amazing spot. You'll trully never experience anything like this place and you'll pinch yourself to see if it's real.
One word of advice when booking through other on-line websites...
While Hotelbook.com might be a good source to use for other hotel deals, I would highly recommend that you do not use their website to book your stay here at The Springs Resort and Spa. Hotelbook.com advertises great deals for this resort, but their website reservation goes through a 3rd party agency in the booking process and neither are recognized or honored as a valid booking agent by The Springs Resort and Spa. Frankly, I don't know why Hotelbook.com doesn't remove The Springs Resort and Spa from their website, but they should. Trust me, save yourself the aggravation and months of credit card disputes and either book directly through The Springs, or call them ahead of time to verify which websites are valid and accepatable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park