My husband i recently began our honeymoon here, what a treat. Our driver mistakenly took us to another hotel in the area to begin with and my heart sank as it was no way up to the level of this one.The receptionist in the other hotel, which shall remain nameless, whispered to me that The Springs was fabulous and the thermal pools were 'be-yoo-tiful', and that she was off there herself that night!
When we did arrive at our chosen destination, we were both amazed -my husband was very impressed as he had no idea where we should have been staying as i had done all the booking.
We began with a personal tour of the hotel-bars, restaurants, pools. Las Ventanas restaurant had truly stunning views over the forest and volcano, so we booked ourselves a table straight away. Tres Cascadas is another restaurant where you can have breakfast and volcano watch in the early morning.
The landscaped pool areas are delightful, with lots of small areas hidden away. Only 20 rooms are open at the moment,with another 160 due to be completed over the next 4 years, but you get no sense of any building work, as the main infrastructure of the place is finished, apart from the casino.
Our room was just gorgeous!!! A marble bathroom with jacuzzi completed by a flower arrangment in the corner, voile curtains draped either side, separate shower, matching his and hers sinks...The bedroom was spacious and the bed was the most comfortable one i have EVER slept on-and that incudes my own at home!! The best thing was the view...we could sit in bed and watch the stately volcano in all it's glory, although it took until the last day to see the top clearly. We slept with the drapes open and watched the sunrise both mornings.
The marble terrace outside was perfect too, a chilled glass of something nice in the hand watching the sun set.
As honeymooners, we were given a choice of a complimentary bottle of wine from the in-room wine racks. Coffee was provided every day in the wet bar area, and on Valentine's day, we came back to the room to find a towel sculpture of 2 swans embracing, covered in rose petals! Another arrangement of roses graced the room during our stay too.
A large DVD library is yours to choose from, just ring reception and someone will deliver it to your room, and you cna watch it on your home entertainemt system. One night we had run out of ice, and my husband, on the way to the bar to refill the ice bucket, was intercepted a man on a golf buggy who swiftly relieved him of his task and collected the ice for us.
The pools are fabulous, we found a secluded hot spring and chilled out there. At the moment, the hotel is quiet enoiugh that you can almost have apool to yourself.
The food is great, as is the chioce of wines in the restaurant. We only ate evening meals in Las Ventanas, and they were lovely-no volcanic action at night sadly!
There is also a gift shop that sells a good range of gifts and chocolates, coffee etc..
To top it off, the spa is one of the most impressive ones i have been in , and i have tried loads on my travels in Asia..we got a complimentary couples massage which was divine-my husband is now into spa treatments!
We will definately return. It made a memorable start to our honey moon, which was then followed by 5 nights at the Gaia Hotel in Manuael Antonio and a night at Finca Rosa Blanca in San Jose (see reviews, equally lovely hotels)
A great place to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park