We had the opportunity to visit the Springs Resort recently and were rewarded with a breathtaking experience! The resort is a pristine, brand new complex over looking the Arenal volcano.
There is quite a long drive over dramatic rivers thru cow pastures to get to the resort but don't let that deter you. This is one hotel that is a hidden gem off the beaten path. The restuarants like Las Ventana, are beautiful and over look the mountainside and thermal baths.
The baths are wonderful and it takes days to explore them all. There is a fantastic spa that will have a men's side and women's side but right now all are using one. It's simply heaven.
The hot springs are glorious and this was the purpose for our trip. There are several pools of varying temperatures from very hot to mild to cold, located all over the property. The swim up bars are nice and you must try the pina coladas since the area is famous for their pineapples. They have kept a lagoon feel to the resort and the flora and fauna really add to the ambience.
The town of La Fortuna is very quaint. We ate at the Lava Lounge and Vagabondo's a few times. I'd recommend Mundo Aventures for canopy and zip line tours and shell out the $US26 for the photo CD. It is totally worth the money. We water skiied everyday with our buddy Jim Kilsdonk at [-]
Fantastic Costa Rican vacation...we can't wait to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park