We just returned from an early August trip to Costa Rica spending three nights at the Springs Resort. Don’t let the road leading to the resort scare you (and it is scary). The Springs Resort is absolutely stunning and a well deserved 5 stars. Our family consisted of two adults and two teenagers (ages 13 & 16). We stayed in a two level family suite that was huge with two large bathrooms. The room was beautiful, roomy, clean and comfortable. The view of the volcano from the large balcony (equipped with two hammocks as well as a table and several chairs) was amazing. The service at this resort is also top notch at all levels. A huge plus is that the hotel, the grounds and the pools are designed so it never feels crowded or busy. The resort is perfect for a honeymoon or a family vacation.
Beside the great rooms and service, the 18 pools and hot springs are the “Wow” at this resort. Most are very secluded and peaceful. Feels like true paradise when you relax in the hot springs after a day of sightseeing. There is one further away from the main building that has a water slide we all enjoyed. The slide was pretty long and you went down quite fast. My teens loved it. There are also several hot springs at Club Rio that are set in the rainforest overlooking the river. We enjoyed those while the kids enjoyed Club Rio.
My teens loved Club Rio which is along the river on the resort grounds (you take a school bus to get there that runs on a regular basis from the lobby). They enjoyed the tubing and also did the rock climbing. All of the guides were terrific and made it really fun. The tour of the wildlife preserve was interesting and informative and is a must see. We ate at the open air restaurant at Club Rio and the food was very good. Order the fried cheese & Lava Flow cocktail.
The only negatives are the road that leads to the hotel and the fact it is on a hill so you will have to walk up and down steps to get from the room to the main hotel area.
If you are going to the Arenal volcano area this is definately the place to stay. The price is worth it. It was amazing and we would definately like to go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park