Our family spent 4 nights at The Springs and had an amazing time! It rained every morning (we went to the rain forest during the rainy season...), but we had nice weather about every afternoon/evening. We were able to see the Arenal volcano (the locals said it hadn't been seen in 15 days!)-beautiful view from the entire resort-even from our room. All of the staff was extremely welcoming from the time we got there. The bell staff, front desk help and concierge were very helpful in answering all of our questions and assisting us in all of our needs.
The rooms are amazing! The trim and woodwork details are beautiful and the bathroom is huge and very accommodating. The hotel staff has thought of everything-umbrellas in the room and many other details. We enjoyed spending time on the back porch, and we slept with the door open (amazing screen doors allowed this) until the last night we were there, my daughter almost stepped on a boa constrictor outside our room-we decided to close the doors then.
The hot springs and pool were great! Our daughter made sure that she got in all 18 of them. She loved the monkey slide. Club Rio was great fun, and we also took a short drive to the hanging bridges for a hike one day.
The food and drinks were good, just pricey-especially since there aren't any nearby alternative choices. Our bill at checkout was over $750 just for food/drinks for 3 of us (and we only had 2 meals most days with afternoon snacks).
The spa was great and we definitely took advantage of the spa credit that was offered with our booking. My daughter and I had massages and I indulged in a facial and they were amazing! Mayra and Ruby did a fine job. The front desk staff was also very friendly, welcoming and informative.
My daughter enjoyed to game room each night. Andrey was staffing the game room and played ping pong and other games with my daughter and we also had a great time talking with him about the local life.
We also took advantage of the resort credit for Club Rio and truly enjoyed all of the activities and spent part of 3 different days venturing through what Club Rio has to offer.
All-in-all, we had a great time and really liked this resort!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park