There are really not words that can properly describe the overall beauty of this magnificent hotel. The views, the staff, the cleanliness, the food, and the location are just perfect. I thought there was plenty to do, and honestly, the staff couldn't have been more accomodating. We stayed in a Honeymoon Vista, which was perfect for my husband and I. The Honeymoon Vista's have there own personal hot spring pool, which was an added bonus, but to be honest, there are so many hot springs throughout the property, we didn't use it nearly as much as we had thought.
We had the privilege of getting married at The Springs on 5/15/14 and it was perfect (minus a few things that after the fact, I would have changed). The staff did an amazing job with the wedding location, which consisted of an arch covered in flowers and overlooked the Arenal Volcano. It was only my husband and I, so we opted for the elopement package. I hired an officiant (through Marcelo Galli's services) and a photographer that came to the resort and they were both perfect. The photographer (Fabian from Costa Rica Weddings) took us outside of the resort to take additional pictures at La Fortuna's Waterfall, so needless to say, we're very excited to see how the pictures turned out. I would highly recommend both the officiant and photographer that we utilized.
For those of you who may consider The Springs for your destination wedding, I do highly recommend it, however just a few things that I wish I would have done but didn't. First, I would have done my own hair and makeup. I had the hotel set up an appointment with a local girl who bless her heart, was very kind, however, I didn't like my makeup or my hair. I brought a picture of a style that I thought would have been simple but that was me assuming unfortunately. Looking back, I wish I had spoken up when I was getting ready to leave for the ceremony but we were already running behind schedule and I felt rushed, so I just let it be. Second, the wedding coordinator, who was nice, seemed new to wedding planning. I figured she would have given me some guidance as to when I came out in regards to our song. The song started playing, and I was told by the photographer to start walking. Unfortunately, our song literally played for only 5 seconds, which in hindsight, makes me sad. And looking back, like I said, I would have made my groom and the others wait on me so I could have fixed my hair and makeup. If I would have taken those few extra minutes to myself, I wouldn't have forgotten to put my wedding belt on, which oh my goodness...makes me sad. Looking back, I wouldn't have allowed myself to feel rushed. When I feel rushed, I naturally forget things, so that coupled with of course feeling nervous about my hair/makeup and getting married, I simply forgot:( One thing I can say is that if I would have spoken up and asked for a few minutes alone, I know everyone involved would have been accommodating, so thats my fault. Other than those few things, we kept our ceremony simple, so not a lot of room for mistakes.
My husband wasn't thrilled with the wedding coordinator. He thought she should have been "more involved" but like I said, I think she was new to this position. We did check out Club Rio that we both enjoyed, did zip lining, the ATV adventure, bird watching, and horseback riding through the resort. All were a lot of fun!
In conclusion, we honestly loved this resort and are already making plans for our next trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park