Our family of four (mom, dad, and two kids ages 12 and 9) just back from a glorious 10 days in Costa Rica! The Springs Resort was our first stop for a 3-night stay, and it lived up to all of our expectations and the well-deserved rave reviews on-line. The dining and living spaces, as well as the gardens, pools, and landscaped grounds are absolutely immaculate while still somehow blending into the lush, natural beauty of the surrounding area. We stayed in a first floor “Vista Plus” room which is the most “basic” of the Springs’ accommodations but it was anything but basic! It has a separate bedroom and bathroom (not at all “small” as described on website) so both the adults and kids can have a bit of privacy. The room was spacious, beautiful, and would have had a lovely view of Arenal had it not been rainy and cloudy all 3 days - in which case I was relieved I had not spent the extra $$ on an upgraded room or Villa when the view would have been no better anyhow. But despite Mother Nature not cooperating, we had an incredible time and enjoyed all the amenities the Springs has to offer. The kids quickly found the Monkey Slide and we found the adjacent Los Perdidos Bar and hot springs – everyone was happy – the rain even made it more of an adventure! We also visited during Easter week – which is apparently the busiest week of the year, but you never would have known that. The resort is so spacious and the hot Springs so plentiful, we routinely had whole Spring pools just to ourselves. You never feel crowded at all – so luxurious and relaxing! You won't have that experience at most of the hot springs around Arenal. In terms of food, prior to our trip, I was a bit concerned about dining options, but the food was excellent at all of the dining areas at the Springs and there were lots of traditional options for kids like mine who are not at all adventurous eaters (e.g., think chicken tenders, pasta, pizza, etc). I have noticed that others have commented that service could be a bit slow especially in the evenings, and I can’t disagree compared to the eat-and-run standards of other countries! But you are on vacation, in one of the most spectacular settings on the planet, being served by friendly wait staff – why rush? So it was never really a problem for us – we got used to the more relaxed pace right away. Last thing I could add is that the concierge staff was very helpful in advance of our trip planning out all of our activities and driving transfers. Everything went off on time, without a hitch, and we had an absolute blast! Even my 9-year-old loved the “adventurous” activities of waterfall rappelling, Sky-trek zip-lining, and tubing. The Springs staff wouldn’t recommend such tours/activities for their guests unless the outfits are top-notch and that was definitely our experience – never felt unsafe despite the wild things we were doing. Also really loved the guided tour of the Springs (Jorge was our guide) – so very knowledgeable and personable. He taught us a ton of cool things about the history of the property and its wildlife and landscape – lots of fun - the kids were hanging on his every word! The only thing that made our departure from the Springs tolerable was knowing we still had 3 days at the end of our trip to enjoy their Sister Property – the Peace Lodge – which was equally fantastic. We hope it won’t be long before we get back for another visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park