The hotel is 3.5 kilometers off the main road along a very bumpy track so fasten your seat belts. However, when you arrive you will be wowed with the number and variety of hot springs on the property as well as the spectacular views of the Arenal Volcano. We could lie in bed and see the volcano as well as the lush and fertile land between. Food and accommodations are excellent and staff helpful and friendly. The big drawback is the hike from guest rooms to lobby, spa or dining areas - it is long and steep although by calling 350 a buggy is available. Plenty to do on property including rafting, horseback riding and viewing the cats. Outside the property there is zip lining and more extreme sports. We used Aventura Mundi who had a great team and even got me at 77 doing all 12 zip lines.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park