The owner spared not one expense at the Springs (except maybe for the buses to Club Rio)! It is simply gorgeous! We only stayed one night but wished we had stayed for more, so hope to be able to return! In our short time there we got to enjoy tubing (which I loved), visiting the animal reserve and relaxing in some of the mineral springs near Club Rio. It rained by the time we left the adventure area, so we didn't get to go in the other pools near the hotel but did enjoy spending time in the gorgeous room and ate a delicious meal in the hotel.
A couple of things to take note of is the portobello mushroom vegetarian meal is absolutely delicious but tiny; I awoke 3 hours later with my stomach growling. Also, the workers seem to expect a lot of tips so bring a wad of dollar bills with you. The hotel is also situated on a hill, requiring a lot of walking. We loved the exercise but are not sure if the elderly would enjoy this.
The beds have comfortable plush mattresses with exceptionally wonderful pillows. The rooms are just about soundproof. We barely knew there was a thunder storm. And, there must be some type of dehumidifier in the room as my thick bathing suit managed to dry here, but at no other hotel. They also provide a down comforter which does seem silly in the warm rain forest. I woke up too hot from that. I think they should give a thin blanket instead.
All in all, an absolute magical place that was like a dream to us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park