My family has travelled extensively through Europe and to Hawaii frequently and we have never had such a great experience as we had at the Springs. The setting is gorgeous, the facilities increadibly well designed and maintained- everything from the room to the (many) pools and hot springs both at the hotel and down by the river in Club Rio to the restaurants and bars. But what really sets this place apart is the staff - each of whom to a person - seems to embody the spirit of Pura Vida. We felt immediately at home and welcome upon arrival. The head waiter noticed that my son found a coconut on our first day and immediately opened up, put an umbrella and cherry on it to my son's delight! Every day after he had one waiting for him. The twilight hike with Palacios' colorful stories was such a memorable experience. I could go on with individuals who went out of their way to make sure our vacation was perfect.
As for Club Rio, we had such a blast! We went on the best horseback trip EVER ( and we have taken manynridesmin Colorado and a Wyoming that don't compare) -- and again itmwasmthe wonderful guides- who were knowlegeable and attentive -- that helped make it such a positive experience -- thanks Oscar and Nano and crew!!! Kayaking was equally fun- I had never done this on anything but calm water - and was a bit nervous taking my 10 and 11 yr old - but again the guides were fantastic, very capable and very safety-minded and made it a memory for a lifetime.
Everyone talks about Pura Vida, but I feel that I truly experienced it due to the lovely staff at the Springs! Thanks to you all!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park