I loved this resort, the rooms were very high end, beautiful, tasteful and most of all had huge balconies with rocking chairs and hammocks with views across the lush green to the volcano.
I enjoyed the food in the sushi restaurant the most and the least in the main restaurant. The breakfasts were just right.
The resort was large and you felt that your rooms were secluded - you rarely heard other people.
There is no shortage of things to do on the resort itself, hot springs, kayaking, tubing, wildlife center, spa, games center, gym etc.
One word of caution is that the Springs at the resort are open to the public during the day so it can get very busy additionally they play terrible techno music very loud throughout the relaxing springs. Maybe I'm old and boring but I would have much preferred to listen to the sounds of the rainforest around whilst relaxing. If there were some springs which were reserved for the paying guests and that did not have the terrible music I would think that this would be a perfect spot.
Without quesiton though this is an expensive resort and whilst I would say it is definitely the best hotel in the area without question I would consider next time looking at a less luxurious place just because the price differential is so extreme - but if money is no problem go for this one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park