Amazing hotel. The vistas of the volcano are spectacular at every juncture; our rooms had incredible views of the volcano, which changed with the time of day. The restaurant and pool areas also provided breathtaking views of the volcano!
The service was incredible. Everyone is so friendly and kind here. My daughter ended up getting an ear infection while at the hotel. The front desk staff was incredible in assisting us. First, they called for the doctor, who it turned out, was unable to come due to other calls. The kind gentleman explained the paramedic could come and was trained similar to a nurse and could write scripts. We asked for him to come and he was literally there in 15 minutes. The gentleman from the front desk not only waited with us until he came, he stayed to help with any translation issues, which was so kind. (Our trip was in March 2013 so I cannot recall his name. He did have 2 daughters though)
The paramedic confirmed she had an ear infection and provided us with a prescription and ear drops right there, based on her age and weight. (Okay, the visit, plus 3 medications totaled $90. Enough said)
Additionally, the concierge team at the hotel is really helpful. I do recommend doing the hanging bridges tour and requesting the owner of the company, whose name I believe is Martin. He is passionate and enthusiastic about nature and the environment, incredibly knowledgeable and humorous.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park