This is a fabulous hotel near the Arenal Volcano. The staff was very professional and helpful. My family of four stayed here for two nights on a recent trip to Costa Rica. It is pretty pricey, but worth it for a couple of days. There are 27 thermal pools on the property, all fed by thermal springs. Each one has the temperature posted on it. We tried out just about all of them. This hotel is a long way from anywhere, and the last 20 minutes are on an unpaved road. So we chose to stay at the resort and take advantage of the many activities that Club Rio had to offer. Besides enjoying the thermal pools, we also took a white water tubing adventure, and also walked through the onsite animal sanctuary. We got to feed toucan's! They also have horseback riding and volcano tours. The Arenal Hanging Bridges is "nearby" so we walked those on our way to our next hotel. Definitely worth a trip off property if you have a half day. For any "Bachelor" fans, they filmed part of Brad's season here. I would definitely go back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park