Wow, just wow! This is one of the nicest places we have ever stayed. It was simply amazing and I cannot imagine that anywhere else in the area could top it. From the moment we arrived, we were in awe of the views, the facilities, the staff. It was simply incredible. Our room had an awesome view of the volcano. It almost didn't look real! Lying in a hammock on our balcony with the volcano view was just great! We traveled with our 2 children, and had booked a suite with 2 bedrooms. It was just perfect for us. The master bath was over-the-top amazing. Then, there are the springs....wow! Each spring we went to had it's own beauty and charm. The setting is just unreal. Romantic and amazing. One spring was even better than the last. My kids, of course, loved the water slide spring. We did some activities at Club Rio, including the animal tour and the tubing down the river. It was great fun with the kids, and the springs in that area of the resort are also just unbelievably beautiful with the foliage and river views. If I had to come up with some criticisms of this resort, it would be that the rooms are a bit of a far walk from the lobby/restaurants. Also the gift shop seemed to open and close at unpredictable times. The restaurants were good, but not totally spectacular in our opinion. And the long road to get to the resort is very bumpy. Those minor criticisms are nothing, though, compared to the beauty and sophistication of this place. The drinks at all of the bars were great, including the shakes and smoothies they made for the kids. This place was just amazing, and we hated to leave. We will never forget our stay here, and would not hesitate to come back someday. We would recommend this resort to anyone! It is wonderful for honeymooners and families. Just perfect!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park