We traveled to this resort with our two children (ages 5 and 8). The staff was incredibly friendly and treated our children like family. Although the photos may imply that this is a very large resort, it is not, and even if it is at capacity, you will not feel the presence of a crowd. If you want privacy you can find it. If you want to avoid kids, you certainly can. The hotel and rooms are beautiful and the grounds are amazing. The pools are everywhere and most are fed by volcanic hot springs. We spent much of our pool time at the two pools joined by the slide.
One great feature of this hotel is Club Rio, the 'campus' that is on the grounds of the resort, but a long walk, short shuttle ride away. We spent almost every day there with the kids riding horses through the jungle, rock climbing, kayaking and swimming. The staff at Club Rio was very professional and exceptionally accomodating. They are very attentive to detail and very conscious of safety.
This resort is the nicest in the area by far and is a great launching point for tours of the Arenal area. There is plenty to do. I suggest the ATV tour which leaves from the hotel. A great way to learn about the area and see the backroads and some of the wildlife. Also the twilight feedings with Jorge are awesome.
While we were at the resort, one of my children developed swimmers ear, not surprising given her constant immersion in various hotel pools for the prior 8 days. (We were at another hotel in Guanacaste previously and we were not aggressive about preventatively putting in drying drops). I called the hotel for a recommendation to a doctor. Within 1 hour, I was sitting in front of the area doctor getting the appropriate script. The staff at the hotel lined up a fluent bilingual taxi driver and assisted me with getting my daughter's passport number when I failed to bring her passport to the doctor. They could not have been more accomodating.
The staff at the hotel, especially Donald and Keilor were outstanding. All of the staff at Club Rio including Melanie and Tim were great. And we would adopt Nano and the horses from the horse barn if there were a way to do so.
I'm sure we will return to the Springs Resort in the future as we only scratched the surface of this great country.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Tingo, Venere, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.