“A wonderful food service” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
“A wonderful food service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I like all of the food here in this resort but my main course which it was stake leave me with temptation to go back also the cocktails and the drinks were amazing I was also please with the attention received

• Stayed June 2013

1,293 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (332)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This hotel is amazing, the most important part is the food is awesome, delicious, fresh and the people are special, I love this hotel, is so romantic, everything is special, and the pools.are awesome, I love this place, excellent

• Stayed June 2013
Sarasota, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My friend, My husband and I were thrilled when we arrived in The springs Resort...greeted by a lovely staff member who showed us around, after first giving us a fruit libation. There are so many things to do...or you can just relax and enjoy the hot springs and also see a view of the Volcano from every room...outstanding architecture...fantastic service. Nothing left undone. Great for families !!! Go online and see the resort!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
El Mirage, Arizona, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have never been to a place this amazing. It is honestly so private and beautiful, me and my family dont have one bad thing to say what so ever. The service is amazing anything and everything you could ever need and want they have it! The love for animals and people at this resort is absolutely unbelievable and heart touching. My family loves nature and animals very much and so did this place, me and my dad went out for a very nice horse ride with a wonderful guide named Nano and i have to say this was my absolute favorite part! He took just me and my dad since he knew we were more experienced than other riders he rode with us and told us about the hotels major love for animals which made us love the place even more i have to say he offically made our trip the best one ever. I would definataly go back to the Springs anyday and take another beautiful horse ride! All over the greatest life changing experience ever. Have nothing but good things to say, we loved it <3

Room Tip: The hole resort is very private and relaxing.
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Our first stop on our family trip was to The Springs Resort and Spa at Arenal. What a great way to be introduced to Costa Rica! Our drive to the hotel from the airport in San Jose was about 3 hours, but the time passed very quickly as we had a wonderful driver (through Costa Rica Vacations) who was also an excellent tour guide. He even spotted a sloth with a baby in a tree by the road! Bucket List check! At The Springs we were met with open arms and quickly led to check-in. We were given a very extensive tour of the grounds and a delicious passion fruit drink (alcoholic or not-your choice).

ROOM
Our room was a two room suite on the top floor (room 419 and 420). We were traveling with our adult children, and this set-up was perfect. There are two entrances to the rooms. The first room had two twin beds, an elaborate bathroom, and a jucuzzi soaking tub (separate from the bathroom) that faces a picturesque window with views of the volcano. The second room is the "master" room. This room has a sitting area, a huge king-sized bed that faces a HUGE window with balcony and volcano views, a GORGEOUS bathroom,and two doors on to the most breath-taking balcony EVER. The balcony has two rocking chairs, a table and chairs, and two hammocks. It also has a ceiling fan which helps with air flow and bugs! Again, the view is of the volcano. When we were there, the volcano was mostly cloud covered, but every now and then it would appear in all of its glory. The bathrooms are fully stocked. There is a bar, but careful! $$$$$ The room also has a safe and LOTS of closet/storage space.

POOLS
The hot springs pools were so wonderful! The water temperatures vary in each pool. We used the lower pools at night. There is a bar available and a pool with a slide. These are all VERY MUCH in the jungle area. The lighting at night is so pretty! The pools closer to the main lobby are more hotel-like. There are several chlorine pools there. We didn't use them because we stayed in the mineral-infused hot springs pools.

FOOD
The food was fine, nothing spectacular. There are several places to eat on the grounds. The service is fine as well. Although they may not move quite as quickly as the waiters in the states, the wait staff was friendly and engaging. They were very happy to accommodate us. The buffet had an assortment of traditional Costa Rican breakfast foods and American food. The meals are costly. Keep that in mind. This is NOT an all-inclusive hotel.

TIPS:
1. Go zip lining at Arenal with Sky Trek. AWESOME!!!!
2. Club Rio received rave reviews from other guests although we didn't go down there (we had another excursion planned, and we were only there 2 days). The excursions at Club Rio have a fee. Several activities there do not.
3.Yellow billed Toucans fly from tree to tree--BEAUTIFUL!
4.The waterfall sounds and bird songs are intriguing and relaxing. Take binoculars!
5. Lay in the hammock and take a nap.
6. Geckos are EVERYWERE. When we turned on our balcony light, they were on the ceiling above us. They eat the mosquitos and bugs, so keep telling yourself that they are your friends! ha
ha
7. Room service runs at about 45 minutes to an hour.

Room Tip: Any room will be fantastic and face Arenal. :)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

This is the letter I wrote to Lee Banks, the owner of the property. EVERY single employee could not have been more complimentary of this owner and how he runs this property. He returned my email personally and advised he would have the wifi fixed when he gets to the property. Great vacation, great facility and great room....

"Chris, my husband, and T and P, my children, are just returning from a 6-night stay at The Springs Resort @ Arenal. I wanted to write and compliment you on a wonderful facility you've developed. We had a fabulous time. My family enjoyed every activity at Club Rio and dined for breakfast, lunch and dinner at the restaurants every day. The grounds were immaculate and the staff was very friendly and helpful. In particular, we would like to commend Nano at the riding stables. He was so gracious and kind to my children. We rode many days because of him. He introduced us to the beautiful countryside, vegetation and animal life in the rain forest. He always ensured the safety of my kids (ages 8 and 5) while allowing them the freedom to have a little fun (a little trotting and cantering!). Oscar was also so congenial and worked hard to make sure the horses were tacked and ready to go at our assigned times. He always had a smile on his face and it is clear Nano and Oscar manage the facility with competence and pride. Jorge led us on the Twilight and Cat tours and was also excellent. He is so passionate about the wild cats, toucans and sloths. He obviously cares about his "offspring" and infuses his audience with passion about the animals.
Your team at the Tour Hut could not have been friendlier and more helpful.
Tim was very patient when T climbed the rock wall for the third time and even let her climb the back wall-which we didn't even know was there. We kayaked and got a great photo of our son which I thought you would enjoy seeing. I don't know the names of all those team members but I hope you will pass along how grateful we are to them for making our vacation very special.
My only (trivial) suggestion would be to try to increase the efficacy of the wifi systems in the individual rooms-we stayed in Toucan 110. Your front desk team tried to improve it but it never improved. It is necessary for me to stay in touch with my office so I had to spend time in the lobby away from my room in order to complete work.

Room Tip: Every room has a beautiful volcnao view-like something out of a magazine; one of the staff told me t...
Bayside, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

My husband and I came to the Springs Resort for part of our honeymoon a few weeks ago and we could not have asked for anything more special! We stayed in the honeymoon suite for 4 nights. The room was spectacular and we loved having our own private hot spring on our balcony. While the weather was a bit rainy (it poured at least once a day, but you have to expect that in the rainforest!), we were told by the staff to try to book our activities in the morning because it rains more in the afternoon. This worked out great for us. The first day we went down to Club Rio and did tubing. It was a lot of fun and the guides we had were great. We also did part of the animal tour and got to see the Toucans and Sloths. In the morning, while we were waiting for the bus to Club Rio, we met the owner of the hotel, Lee Banks. He could not have been more personable and nicer. One of the Club Rio shuttles wasn't running and he made sure the other shuttle came back for us immediately. He also gave us some suggestions on things we should see at Club Rio. Definitely take advantage of Club Rio! The second day we did a hike to Rio Celeste. This was a full day excursion. Since it was the "off season" in Costa Rica, we were the only ones doing the tour with a guide. We were warned that this is a strenuous hike and they were not kidding! We enjoyed the hike to the waterfall to see the beautiful blue water, but just be warned that it is muddy, slippery and you should be in good shape if you decide to do this hike! Since we were the only ones with the guide, we were able to go at our own pace. After the hike, we had lunch at a local restaurant and the food was amazing! This was probably the best meal we had on our trip. The third day we went zip lining and that was a lot of fun. I would recommend Sky Trek. On our last day we also did a spa treatment. The staff was very nice and so was the facility. Every day we were able to enjoy the hot springs at the hotel, which were beautiful and all of the staff was so nice and accommodating. We were told the hotel was at 90% capacity, but there were times that we didn't see anyone else around! It felt like we had the pool and hot springs to ourselves! Also, check out Perdido Springs, which is further away from the main building. There are more hot spring pools, a water slide and also another bar. As other people mentioned, there are not many restaurant options at the hotel for dinner (there are more options for lunch), but the casual restaurant Tres Cascadas had enough variety that it was never a problem. Overall, this hotel is so beautiful and romantic, I would recommend this to any honeymooner or couple that wants to get away to someplace special for a few days!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!