My entire stay here was excellent. The beauty of it took my breath away as it seems to emerge from nowhere at the end of a dirt road. The staff were welcoming and always pleasant. We were shown to our rooms and even given a refreshing cocktail (perfect way to start the stay). The rooms are spacious - as big as they look in the photos - and equipped with balcony hammocks, a jacuzzi tub, a big dual head shower, even room service sushi! The beds are perfect...so comfortable. And the view is outstanding. Waking up everyday to a steaming volcano with vultures circling trees in the distance and hummingbirds hovering on our balcony just completely justified my choice in staying here. By far the best hotel breakfast I've had - buffet style with everything you could think of. There are several places to eat but the service at Tres Cascadas was exceptional. Props to Jose. Make sure to check out Club Rio. Moses and Jonathan really made the experience exhilarating. It was my first time rock climbing and they were both very helpful. White-water tubing was a blast. You tube down a river to a hot spring waterfall. They also have some awesome wildlife with huge toys in their enclosures. We watched a juvenile puma play with a dangling coconut and that really made the trip worth it for me. There's so many hot springs (28?) with water at different temperatures and the layout was designed well so that it's easy to find privacy. The sulfur might stain your bathing suit, just to warn you. The weather was pretty good even though it was the start of the rainy season. It rained almost everyday but only for a few hours. Other than that it was sunny. We got the couple's massage and it was perfect. At the end they open a huge window and leave you to listen to the sounds of the rainforest. Amazing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park