“The most amazing place in the world by far!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
“The most amazing place in the world by far!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place never stopped amazing me from the second I pulled up to the second I cryed leaving. It's a five star hotel but I would give it 10 easly! The staff who works here become your best friends, they will help you with anything and always have a bright welcoming smile on their face. The rooms and hotel both over look a stunning volcano. This place is everything you can ever want in one place and more!

• Stayed June 2013

1,272 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (324)
Nesconset, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I have never been to a more perfect hotel in my life. The view alone from the lobby and the restaurants of the volcano and the foliage is spectacular. I was completely blown away. The staff was friendly and welcoming which made you feel right at home. Richard especially was extremely helpful and wonderful. The pools/hot springs were beautiful and allowed you to fall into complete relaxation. The hot springs were naturally heated and there was a swim-up bar. The rooms were just as luxurious and very clean. The bed was huge and had the comfiest mattress and pillows. The view from the balcony connected you right to nature with a view of the Arenal volcano. They had a variety of food for each meal which was delicious to satisfy everyone. Overall, I do not have a single complaint about this resort. I believe everyone should stay at this resort while vising Costa Rica.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

The Springs Resort and Spa is the most incredible resort I have ever stayed in. The staff was welcoming, attentive, and spoke impeccable English. Richard and John (I believe that was his name) were super friendly and never skipped a beat. The pools alone are a reason to make a trip. These pools are all natural hot springs that pour into one another. There are something like 25 pools, water slides (that were cut into the rock and weren't ugly like ones in a water park) that connected the pools, and swim up bars. The bed was more comfortable than any bed I've slept in before, to the point where I'm considering calling the resort and asking which mattresses they have so I can buy my own for at home. The rooms were super clean and all had a spectacular view of the Arenal volcano (which you can see smoke coming out of; awesome)! The food was also incredible, the gym well equipped, and the additional pools and activities down at Club Rio only enhance the experience. There are so many pools and so much space that you never feel like the resort is crowded, which is big for me. The resort was luxurious yet down-to-earth. I can't think of one complaint. That being said, it would be a mistake not to stay here.

Room Tip: the rooms on the second floor and above have a more desirable view than that of the first floor.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The Springs Resort has the most amazing view of the volcano, the hotel is beautiful itself. It's a five stars hotel from which you expect the best. Unfortunately, our experience in the hotel wasn't the best. My partner and I had our first dinner at Las Cascadas restaurant. Customer service in the Cascadas' restaurant was awful, the server just took the order and brought the food, the food wasn't good and we wanted to order something else but the server never came back. We didn't want to judge the hotel because of the bad service of this woman but the next night in our great honeymoon room we found a rat on the desk, it was DISGUSTING!. We also found a couple cockroaches which wasn't the worst but it was already enough to make a call. My husband called front desk and the guy said he was going to send somebody to fumigate the next day in the morning. We had to call them again at 11am to remind them about the rat. We were out from the hotel for a while, everything looked clean when we came back to the room but they didn't fumigate because we still found insects in the room at night. We thought we were getting the best by paying a lot of $ but is not always the case. We even experienced no electricity when we wanted to check out, it was a nightmare carrying the luggage upstairs to check out. Overall, this hotel is amazing because is luxurious but really needs to improve their service.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first visit to Costa Rica and our stay at The Springs Resort far exceeded our expectations! The property, the staff, the food and the spa were absolutely outstanding. It is paradise found in the mountains! I had the help of Johnny, the concierge, in assisting me with a private dinner as a surprise for my husband's birthday. The attention to detail with candles, heart shaped flower petals on the table, amazing food, etc. made the whole evening fantastic (thanks to Octavio, our waiter). After a couples massage, the staff had a dolce leche cake waiting for us to once again celebrate my husbands birthday. This is a must see resort and blew away the Four Seasons (we headed there after our visit to The Springs and wished we could have clicked our heels to go back)! The animal sanctuary was a plus and a two hour twilight tour with Jorge added to the fun of the property. It was fun to relax and hop the 12 pools/springs surrounded by an amazing setting of plants, trees and flowers. We can't wait to return and take our kids (adults with grandchildren). Sorry to have left!

Room Tip: Room 213, front and center of the Arenal volcano!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

It's expensive, but well worth it. After staying here for 3 days on our honey moon, we both said, "If you complain about this place, then stop traveling, because it is fing awesome" The pictures you will have alone will be worth it!!! Once in a lifetime trip, and btw I'm cheap! still have my communion money!

Room Tip: get the honeymoon suite for at least one night
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
AUSTIN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

Lovely resort! The room was large and comfortable with a great view and the sheer number of different pools was in itself a luxury - we spent hours just floating.... We were there in off-season (May) and the resort was not crowded so we had many pools - and the waterslide! - to ourselves. The Springs' Club Rio is a terrific bonus - we had a fun tubing trip there and the staff was both friendly and highly competent. Food throughout the resort was fresh and well-prepared and the spa/workout floor was well-appointed.
Our only negatives were the occasional less-than-friendly bartenders (except at the Club Rio) and the distance from town, which made going out for excursions or meals a major undertaking.

Room Tip: Many room options - check out the website to choose the layout and size that suits your party. Only...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!