We booked this place as a day trip with lunch. Make sure that you check since we were told by The Springs resort that if you book a day trip u may return the next day for a free day. So our tour included transportation and lunch. The drive from La Fortuna is long so the price of $70-75/pp for the day tour seemed reasonable. I think the taxi round trip would be around $40. Anyway, the 1st thing we did upon arrival is take the shuttle that runs every 30 min down to the river. That is where they have a animal tour and the rock wall and the horses. You can soak in the hot springs down there too and hike along the river and hike along the horse trail. The hot springs there were very private, we were there all alone :). So we saw lots of cool birds in the wild here: kingfisher, motmot, kites, etc. Really nice!! BEWARE, the shuttle stops running at 3:30 pm or at 4 IF someone booked the animal tour at 4 pm. So we nearly got stranded down there and missed the shuttle. And trust me, u do not want to hike uphill 4 km back to the resort. Anyway we spent the whole morning there then went to lunch at the resort. It was included: we got a very fresh and yummy salad, an amazing fish with a green sauce and mango chutney and mash potat for me and a steak for the husband. He did not like his steak. I LOVED my fish. It was perfect. Then we got a lovely dessert that we both loved and we both enjoyed the ice tea and water provided. Then we spent the rest of the time in the hot springs near the resort and playing on the one slide we did find. They provide mats to slide on and that was FUN! We were kids again. So "toured" 8:15-5:30pm and were pleased. We would have spent more time near the river with the birds but the shuttle...:( I wish I had known about the free day but it sounds like you would have to pay for the transportation and food still so that would still put 2 people out about $80-100 on the free day unless u had a car u were driving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park