“Fabulous Getaway!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Fabulous Getaway!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

My friends and I recently stayed at The Springs for two nights and it was the most amazing, relaxing, luxurious time we have ever had!! We had a perfect view of the volcano for both days that we were there, which was great luck for us... and we enjoyed soaking in the thermal waters for two whole days. The water slide is great for people of all ages. My favorite spot is in the baths overlooking the river. What a way to vacation! I will always come back to The Springs.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1,196 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (302)
Barrington, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I believe reviews should be short and to the point.

Bottom line, The Springs Resort and Spa in Costa Rica is second-to-none. Seriously, everything from the food (high end restaurant quality), to the accommodations (luxury), to the facilities, to the pools (especially the numerous and often secluded hot springs pools), to the views, was spectacular. No detail was overlooked. The staff was tremendous and courteous. I look forward to going back! Indeed, I look forward to checking out other resorts owned and managed by Lee Banks!

If you like nature - Costa Rica belongs on your bucket list. If you are a photographer, it is a target rich environment. One of the photos I posted (the volcano) was from the patio of our room (yes - all the rooms have this view!). The concierge at The Springs took care of all off-campus trips and tours - tour of the rainforest, a hanging bridges tour, a river tour through the rainforest, a waterfall tour and a tour of the base of the volcano. We had no worries or concerns - we just had to be at the concierge desk at the appointed time. And for those who like to stay on-campus, The Springs has a wildlife preserve, tubing on rapids, horseback riding and a rock climbing wall, among other things.

The Springs Resort and Spa in Costa Rica rates a "12" on a scale of 1 to 10. Honestly superb. You won't regret booking a vacation there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Short Hills, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I just returned from our week's vacation inn Costa Rica with our two girls (ages 9 and 10). We started our trip at The Springs Resort and Spa. Upon arrival, we were graciously welcomed by the front desk and provided with delicious tropical drinks, given a tour of the breathtaking grounds with its scenic and lush backdrop, and shown to our room which was ready ahead of check-in time. Our hotel room was spacious, comfortable and beautifully appointed. My kids had their own room and bathroom divided by sliding doors and they were thrilled to have their own privacy (as were we!). We enjoyed the large balcony (especially the two hammocks often occupied by my girls when we were not out and about) with awesome views of the rainforest and volcano. You could hear the sounds of the springs and the chirping of the birds at any time of the day.

Our days were active and full. The concierge Johnny and the general Manager Roy were extremely accommodating in making sure that everything we hoped to accomplish during our stay would in fact happen. On the premises themselves, we took advantage of the hotel's outdoor Club Rio. We visited their Wildlife Preserve and fed the toucans, got close views of the monkeys, ocelets and pumas and even saw a four day old horse. We also arranged for tubing along the Arenal River with their experienced guides. The girls had a blast while getting splashed and bounced around. My husband also went on a bird watching tour early in the morning. As for activities outside the resort, we hiked "near" the volcano, walked across the hanging bridges and went ziplining twice (because apparently once was not enough for my girls).

We also spent a lot of time just enjoying the multitude of landscaped springs pools of varying temperatures by the upper part of the hotel, as well as those by the lower part of the hotel grounds called Perdido Springs. My girls (and even the adults) spent hours going up and down the Monkey slide. Constant entertainment and relaxation combined.

By the end of our stay, we wished we could have stayed longer but our vacation had been pre-arranged. We were sad to say goodbye to this wonderful hotel and its very professional and friendly staff, including the hotel's owner, with whom we had the good fortune to meet. In fact, our next destination was the Four Seasons at Peninsula Papagayo, which was lovely, but its atmosphere was more formal and corporate (i.e., less personal) and lacked, in my opinion, some local flavor. When we first arrived, my girls were begging to go back to The Springs. The Springs was truly unique in its beauty and design and offered adventure, relaxation and cultural immersion.

There is no doubt that our family will make a return visit to The Springs -- and stay longer the next time. This was our best family vacation to date.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Springs Resort as part of our honeymoon in April. The resort is tucked away and hidden from the main road. The resort is by far the most luxurious that we stayed at in Costa Rica. When you check in they give you a tour of the grounds to help you not feel so lost on the property. The rooms are gorgeous and very spacious with fantastic views of the volcano and the surrounding forest.

The food was not very good and expensive. The drinks were very weak. The bar tender down at the pools away from the main building of the resort was helpful in choosing drinks that were a little more stout.

The folks down at the Club Rio portion was AWESOME and our guide for the tucan, monkey, and cats tour was very friendly, very knowledgable, and had only been speaking english for a couple of months, but spoke english very well.

This is the place to stay if you really want to spoil yourself for a few days while in Costa Rica!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

Superb spa pools, great friendly staff and the wildlife tour is brilliant- we saw toucans, wild cats and a panther. The bar staff were great and we stayed in the pools for over 4 hours! Grounds are lovely and view of volcano from the pools are great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a fantastic surprise! We were celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary with an "Adventure Trip" to Costa Rica and visited four locations from the Carribean to the Pacific. Our time at the Springs was incredible. It is, by far, the nicest place we have ever stayed at. The attention to detail, the service, the delightful hot springs, the views, ..... everything was outstanding. Really felt like we had died and gone to Heaven!
We talk about this place with all our friends and every time we do the greatest memories come alive again.
Thank you for an amazing experience.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rolling Hills Estates, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I had the unique opportunity to stay at this amazing resort and spa for two nights while in La Fortuna, Costa Rica. On arrival at the hotel, the friendly staff already knew my name and attended to every detail to ensure I had a good stay. The architecture and landscaped grounds are breathtaking and made even lovelier by the incredible views of Volcan Arenal which can be seen from each guest room. I stayed in a two-level family suite which was spacious and luxuriously appointed with wood and stone.

I most enjoyed the thermal pools which helped me to relax and soothe my sore muscles after 8 weeks of travel. I also loved the delicious food at the sushi bar, enjoyed visiting the toucans, monkeys and wild cats at Club Rio and meeting other travelers from the States and abroad.

I definitely plan on coming back again next time my travels find me in La Fortuna and highly recommend this place as a unique destination for couples and families looking for a place that has it all.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!