We came to The Springs for the day to enjoy the pool, the hot springs and the view.
It's pricey at $50pp, though that does cover you for a second day (which we didn't use) - but we thought it was worth it - the hotel, the grounds and the views are spectacular.
There are numerous nice pools, some hot, some not. The loungers are comfortable and we had pace and quiet during the day.
We ate lunch at The Treetops Grill restaurant. We fully expected the food & drink to be extortionate but wasn't the case at all, the food was good and was just over $40 including 2 beers and two soft drinks.
Note some other reviewers mentioned crowds. The place was deserted when we were there, but we were off-season (late-April) and we went at 9am until 3pm. But we did note two coaches coming in dropping off day trippers as we were leaving so that could have got a bit crowded - but wasn't an issue for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park