The Springs Resort experience for our family was nothing short of magnificent. The staff was extremely polite, friendly, knowledgeable, approachable, and pleasant. They truly became part of our family.
Our children range in age from mid-teens to early twenties. We all thoroughly enjoyed our experiences at Club Rio from tubing to horseback riding. The wildlife tour of rescued animals should not be missed. Best to go in the cooler parts of the day when the animals are more active.
In particular, as a complete novice at horseback riding, I found this adventure most rewarding. The guides at Club Rio (Oscar and Nano) have a relaxed teaching approach that worked well with my lack of horse sense and initial nervousness. During two one-hour tours through fields and trails (even a cool down in the Arenal River), they observed and adjusted my riding technique that quickly built my confidence. On our final day, our family embarked with Oscar and Nano on a 2-½ hour journey from Club Rio into the surrounding countryside. Additional pointers along the way further enhanced the enjoyment of this journey of great sites and memories. Pura Vida!
Consult the Concierge regarding time availability of activities at Club Rio. There are plenty of changing rooms and bathrooms onsite. Bring your swimwear as after riding or climbing, there is nothing like a relaxing dip in the hot spring.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Tingo, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park