Trip Advisor was a big reason for us choosing this hotel, and we were not disappointed at all.
Arriving at the Springs is a real experience. You turn off the main road and drive 2 miles on a dirt road, then turning the corner and arriving at oz. Valet your car and after a brief checkin, your given a great tour of the property and your room. The main building houses the restaurants, spa, lobby, bar and the rooms are below. The tour of the property shows off how amazing it is: the layout, the views, the great hot springs pools, the landscaping.
Then you head to the rooms. Check out the Springs website - those photos are very accurate. While it's good sized room, they've really created a magnificent living space: great woodwork, great view of the Volcano, rocking chairs, accent lighting, spa tub.
The hot springs tubs are wonderful - there are a number of pools on the property, so chances are you'll have one all to yourself. The spa treatments were good and the facility was very very nice.
They have an adventure area near the river (10 min bus ride) called Club Rio and houses a small collection of wild animals - loved that.
We were able to spend some time with the owner/developer Lee, and he has a great vision for the property and his expectations of service.
The food was very good. I would like to see a little more variety on the menu, but the quality and service were great. Jose at Ventana's did a great job.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park