The Springs Resort is gorgeous! The reception area is beautiful and very welcoming. The room (Alta Vista) is large and luxurious with a breath taking view of the volcano. The bathroom is spacious with a deep tiled jetted tub, separate shower, and toilet area. Perfect for a family of five. The balcony faces the volcano directly and is also very large with 2 hammocks. The bad part about the room is the bed - sagging and lumpy!
The grounds of the resort are clean and beautiful as well. Many tropical plants, paths, birds, and reptiles. The pools are plentiful and of varying temperature. Many are very private, epecially in the paradisio area where the water slide is. The swim up bar had great service for drinks and food and also had a view of the volcano. Service is excellent.
Club Rio is fun. They have a wildlife rescue with monkeys, Toucans, and large cats. You can feed the Toucans and monkeys. Sloths are coming soon. The tubing was fun and safe. There are also many springs along the river which are very private. It is true that the water will stain your bathing suits.
The food is a down side to this beautiful, and otherwise, 5 star resort. Of course, it is expensive, but not worth it. We did enjoy the breakfast buffet with was Tico. Lunch is average, and dinner below average. The dinner buffet is terrible. Service at the restaurant is hit and miss, and overall very bad.
Overall, a very nice stay and would go again. A five star resort with four star food and service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park