AWESOME. We loved this place. Greeted so warmly and immediately knew we had found a great home for a few days. All of the staff bends over backwards to help you, always with a kind greeting.
All of the family amenities you can imagine for kids, all the while meeting parents expectations. Great spa, etc. Gorgeous and super pool, super hot springs pools, just beautiful beyond compare. The grounds on this property are stunning and I could walk them and stare at them and sit at every different location for hours on end if I could! Club Rio is a quick ride down the hill, offering kayaking, tubing on a rapids river ... my kids loved it. Sushi bar was awesome, and a great place to watch ball games during March Madness. Right off the sushi bar is the very complete kids room, with tons of games electronic and otherwise. The other restaurants are good .. nothing special in terms of food, but fine.
We had a clear and beautiful view of the volcano one day, but apparently this isn't always the case and people get disappointed. The weather is always in flux-- so the view can be obstructed by clouds for days or weeks at a time, apparently. Also, the volcano is not active, despite all kinds of awesome pictures showing erupting lava online. It is a STUNNING view from the hotel, when it's clear.
We had two rooms that were not connected -- despite confirming connecting rooms. The guy looked at me like I was crazy as he was letting us in to them and I questioned that they weren't connected. Because the hotel was full I didn't fight it, and my husband and I just split up and each stayed in one. The man at hotel said "oh people leave their kids in their own room all the time." Maybe I was overreacting .. or maybe not ;-) One of our rooms had a bad moldy smell, which I notified them of... surprising for a place this nice (avoid room 108). And our safe was locked upon arrival, which never got fixed despite asking for help. (we just used the safe in the other room.) Oh well, Pura Vida! Despite these minor issues, the rooms are beautiful and the bathrooms are all marble and just beautiful. Lovely patio with two lovely hammocks too! The Springs was a favorite in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park