We didn't actually stay a The Springs, but we used the Hot Springs Two Day Pass to have dinner (twice), swam in the hot springs and explore the Club Rio Outdoor Center. This review is about our special dinner at Las Ventanas. This trip to Costa Rica was the culmination of my surprise 50th birthday. Part of that surprise was dinner at fabulous Las Ventanas (The Windows), located at The Springs Resort and Spa, with a view of Volcán Arenal. This is truly a first class facility and they really make you feel welcomed and part of the family. Our reservations were at night, so didn't get to see the volcano but the experience we had there (service, food, recommendations, etc.) make us want to return as soon as possible. We started off with the Wild Mushroom Bruschetta Appetizer (Caramelized Leeks, Pancetta, Rosemary and a Sherry Cream Sauce served on Crostini). For dinner, LJ had the Blackened Mahi Mahi Entrée (with a Jalapeño Beurre Blanc sauce and served with Pearl Potatoes and Sautéed Vegetables) while I had the Bleu Cheese Ribeye Entrée (Certified Angus Choice Rib Eye with a Bleu Cheese Compound Butter served with Potato Au Gratin, Green Beans and Oregano Oil). To end the evening, we selected the Caramelized Apple Dessert (a very delicate combination with a Confit Sweet Potato Quenelle, Basil Sorbet, Cream of Flan and Mixed Candied Nuts) and Caffè Corretto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park