My wife and I stayed four nights at the Springs. We were certainly not disappointed at all. Facility was beautiful, service was wonderful, staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed in a first floor Vista room and our view was unbelievable. Food at the resort was very good and not unreasonably priced.
Hidden Gem..they don't mention on the website, but actually the best Hot Springs (and the most Private) are down at Club Rio. The one on top of the waterfall is really neat, and you can go past that where they have made three more pools from hot springs that just emerged as a result of the earthquake last year.
Hope to go again someday
BTW, Club Rio is a great facilty with a fun staff.
No doubt, the Springs is not a cheap place to stay, but it is a fantastic value and a place I'd love to go back to.
As far as excursions go, my wife and I were lucky..we were the only ones with our guide as we went Horseback Riding at Club Rio (gentle horses, knowledgable guide, beautiful scenery). It was also just us and the guide (Andres, thanks!) as we did the ATV Extreme through running creeks, rain forests , farms and small towns...a blast...and it was just us and a very knowledgable Nature Guide as we went to the Arenal Swinging Bridges location and wwe were above and over the rainforest! Great way to see it! Actually saw wild monkeys as well!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park