From checking in until our reluctant departure the staff were very friendly and helpful and extremely professional.The views from the large picture window and the very spacious balcony were spectacular and looked directly across the valley to Arenal volcano. This is the case with all the rooms at the hotel. The units are 2 storey and ours was an Alta Vista room which is the upper floor room and means you get extra height due to the vaulted ceiling. The hotel is on a hillside and on many levels but there is an elevator and golf cart type shuttles to take you to and from the rooms/reception.The hot spring pools are man made but the water is genuine with a high mineral content and the setting is beautiful, especially the 'Perdidos springs' in the evening. They are all drained at the end of each day and refilled overnight. There is also a chlorinated pool with swim up bar.The food was excellent and very reasonably priced for a hotel of this quality. Cocktails are around US$9, Beers US$6. The club Rio (1 km down the hill via shuttle bus) has plenty of activities on site and I would recommend the extreme ATV tour to get a good feel for the surrounding area. For any stay of more than say 4 nights the hotel's relative remoteness (3.5km from main road and US$18 taxi fare to La Fortuna ) may become a problem, but we went for a 2 night stay to explore the area, half way through a 2 week stay at the Westin Playa Conchal. We used an excellent company called Memo Adventures for our private transfers each way. If I return to Arenal I would definately choose to stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park