My family of five stayed at The Springs for 2 nights in March 2013. We all wanted to stay longer and would return in a heartbeat.
The resort is beautiful and serene. From nearly every location you have a gorgeous view of the Arenal Volcano. The many pools are wonderful.
My kids (ages 14, 12 and 9) also loved the activities floor with the open-air pool table, dart board, chess board, and more.
The rooms are beautiful and spacious, but the patios with private hammocks are the cherry on top. My husband said that waking up in the luxurious room with that gorgeous view of the volcano made him feel like he was Mick Jagger.
The only minor complaint is that a very strange set-list of bad 1980s pop music played in all the public areas. Aside from that, the resort is perfection.
The breakfast buffet was terrific and well priced. The other meals were fine. Drinks a the various bars were quite good!
Our only Club Rio activity was tubing. It was just our family of five plus the two guides who were personable and fun.
We drove from Liberia. The roads were nicely paved. The switchback curves made the kids feel carsick but overall the drive was no trouble.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park