Didn't actually stay in the hotel - our tour bus brought us here to enjoy the hot springs and a dinner. I found the premises very beautiful, even though other reviewers commented on how artificial it all is. Well call me a fool but I was awestruck at the views from the hotel and the luxurious (albeit artificial) surroundings. The hot springs (pools) were very nice as they went from very hot to lukewarm and we enjoyed sampling them all. The grounds are spread out and there were secluded "private" pools which had no one in them when we went to check them out. These were very romantic and sort of out of the beaten path and seemed to me a nice place for honeymooners to enjoy the pools in a private setting, but like I said no one there...
Can't comment on the bar/drinks as we did not indulge. Cannot comment on the rooms as we did not visit any. Found the shower/changing rooms clean and convenient. Agree with most comments that the staff was not overly friendly but not rude or anything. Supper for our tour group was a choice of 3 main dishes and all were appreciated although not 5* cuisine.
Definitely not a place for mobility impaired individuals (as most places/hotels we visited in CR). Lots of levels, stairs, rocky paths.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, Priceline and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park