This is one of those rare places where a beautiful setting conspires with great design to create an unforgettable experience.
Rooms: huge, breathtaking views (we had the ones on the second level up). Bathrooms you could throw a party in
Hot springs Lots of them, different kinds and temperatures. Spectacular at night with the mists rising to create a surreal feeling of peace and other-worldliness (really!). Not crowded when we were there.
Food: Excellent and fresh,. The high end restaurant really does offer better food as opposed to the usual tactic of more expensive /same food!
Your fellow guests: Friendly, well travelled, low key, and NO ONE was tacky enough to try to reserve lounge chairs.
Activities: Great place for kids - pool, game room, lots of high end TV stations, good reception, horse back riding with excellent guides on property and AWESOME zip lining (try not to go when raining though - or if you do wear rubberized clothes and goggles.
Service: Fantastic at all levels good gym, also.
Prices are high, but here as in many other places, you do get what you pay for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park