This hotel is stunning. We were in the 2 BR Oropendola room. Our terrace looked directly at Arenal volcano - amazing view to wake up to each day. The rooms are gorgeous, extremely clean (clorox wipes remained in the suitcase), spacious and beautifully appointed. We had a staircase that led from our room downstairs to our boys' room upstairs. Bathrooms were big and beautiful!
The truly amazing thing about this hotel is that, although it was completely booked (feb break) - you'd never know it. The only evidence we'd see of other people - were in the restaurants and around the various hot springs scattered throughout the property. But nothing was ever too crowded. There are only 47 rooms in the hotel.
The one small negative i have with the hotel is that it is up a crazy 10 minute long winding dirt road. It's odd because within the property - the roads are nicely paved - but on the way up (which i'm not 100% sure is on hotel grounds) it is a very rough, long road. After a long day out on our various adventures - coming back up this dirt road, made you not really want to go off campus for dinner. Just the thought of going back down that road was too much.
It's about a 20 minute ride into the nearest town (La Fortuna). We only wound up venturing into town for dinner one night (Don Rufino - really good meal). The other three nights - we ate at the hotel's various restaurants. Would have liked a little more variety. But what is very nice is that you can order from any and all of the restaurants' menus - no matter which one you are in.
You will not be disappointed by this stunningly beautiful hotel. The people that work there are great and extremely helpful. There's a reason this is considered the nicest hotel in Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park