The drive to the Arenal Region took about 2 1/2 hours. Don't let that discourage you after a long flight. The drive was magnificant. It was like a tour. We stopped at a Hummingbird sactuary and an authentic outdoor restaurant. The people there speak excellent english and couldnt be nicer. Let me just say the drive is so worth it! The view was absolutely breath taking, resort was extraordinary. There were hot springs heated from the volcano lava which were like small pools which would waterflow into another then another then another while temperatures drop one to the next. The food was outstanding. Wife says best Sushi she ever had. I've been to about 20 tropical places and this was top notch! Rainforest was beautiful. River raft tour was so peaceful and the wildlife was alive. Howling monkeys, slothes, alligators, tons of exotic birds, and butterflies. We went in August and the temperature was great with no bugs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park