Many wonderful qualities about this resort. The views upon arrival from the open air lobby were stunning. Entire resort grounds were impeccable and beautifully decorated with flowers and greenery. All the food and restaurants were very good. Pool bar had amazing views. Staff was excellent and very warming. Tons of things to do at the resort. From about 20 hot springs to an indoor golf simulator and luxurious spa, it has all the bases covered. Even had a superbowl party set up on a big screen projection. Prices were fair as well. $4.50 for a beer. Housekeeping was great, made animals from our towels everyday and left on bed.
A few minor drawbacks, it's 3hrs from San Jose airport. Elevator didn't work when we were there (about 5 floors with about 15 stairs per level) and that's after we walked uphill from our room. Concierge was incorrect with travel times to excursions. What was supposed to be a 1hr 15min drive was 2. 6 hrs total travel time for white water rafting. Didn't go on vaca to sit in a car.
La fortuna town (15 min drive costing $40) was nice. Dinner there was good. Recommend the lava lounge. Tons of souvenir shops.
Other excursions we did was rio Celeste. Club rio (located at base of springs resort), waterfall repelling. All were wonderful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park