We only used the dining room and part of the hot springs at "The Springs", and will limit our comments. Dinner was very nice, with an excellent wine; we would have preferred a table with a better view, but one was not offered although I believe they were available. The hot tub is nothing to get excited about, other than the view; 105F in the warmest section and declining from there in other ponds. The locker rooms need maintenance: shower valves do not operate and several of the handles came off in my hand, and there are no suitmate extractors (a plastic bag is not the correct alternative). It happens that the elevator was not working when we arrived; one of us had a mobility problem, resulting in a struggle to get downstairs (a more observant staff member arranged for a golf cart to take us back up; it would have been most welcome on the way down). All in all, this was a good dinner plus a bath.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Jetsetter and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park