My husband, 2 daughters (12yr & 7yr) and son (14yr) spent 4 nights at the Springs over the Holidays. What an amazing hotel! A five star resort in the middle of the rain forest. The views were incredible from every level of the hotel, including our rooms. Numerous hot springs throughout the hotel with 1 swim up bar and 1 monkey water slide that we all enjoyed. If you are planning on visiting Arenal, staying at the Springs is a MUST!
Room-absolutely gorgeous! We stayed in the family suite since their was five of us. It worked perfect. 2 stories. 1 king bed/bath downstairs, 1 king/bath upstairs with a roll away. Big beautiful room with huge windows to look out at Arenal.
Weather-it rains on and off a lot. The rooms have 2 umbrella(you don't need to bring your own), the hotel also sells ponchos if you decide that you need one.
Hot Springs-numerous throughout the resort with beautiful waterfalls, pathways, bars and a water slide.
Game room-great place to hang out at night! Golf simulator, Wii, xbox, numerous boardgames, ping pong table. Pool table and chess right outside the room. The Sushi bar is right outside the game room. It was nice to have a drink at the bar and be able to keep an eye on the kids. Jennifer in the game room was great with the kids!!
Restaurant- Our favorite was the Sushi! Your able to order food from the other 2 restaurants and sit at the sushi bar. That was nice for our family because every night everybody wanted something different. The kids didn't want to sit long. The preferred to be in the game room. Upstairs is the buffet. Great cook to order pasta. We enjoyed the live music! Breakfast was great too. Cook to order omelette & pancakes were our favorite. The views were amazing from each level of the hotel whether you were eating breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Spa- beautiful spa with excellent service! You could easily spend a 1/2 day here!
Club Rio- great addition to the property. We loved the tour of the wildlife preserve. The guides are very knowledgeable. We learned a lot about the animals there. You could spend a whole day there. Horseback riding, wall climbing, lunch on the river, wildlife preserve and tubing/kayaking down the river. Make sure you leave a day for all these activities. Also, around 10am everyday they feed the birds up by the hotel. They put bananas out on the trees and all different types of birds come to eat them.
Staff- the staff was exceptional throughout the hotel. Very professional and accommodating.
Concierge-I highly suggest using the concierge to book all your activities in the area. The reason being. I booked the Sky Trek tour through a tour agency. We must have stopped 3 times before we actually got to Sky Trek. If you book directly through the hotel, you go straight there with all of the other guests.
I suggest staying at least 4 nights at the resort so you can enjoy it. Besides the hotel. Our favorite tour was Pure Trek!! We had so much fun at the Springs and the surrounding area we plan to go back again next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park