We had all ages represented on this trip including 70+ year old parents, my kids and brothers kids from ages 5 through 12. Everyone loved the resort and had a great time, even though it rained for most of our trip. We are all amazed by the intricate detail put into this resort, including the lobby/entrance, the restaurants, bars, hot springs and accomodations. Someone made the comment that the ceilings were nicer than the floors in most resorts. We had the 2 bedroom Junior Springs Suite (room 317), but don't think of this as your typical "junior" suite. It was huge .... our kids will be forever spoiled (as will we) by this suite. Two huge bedrooms and two huge bathrooms. Beds were very comfortable and rooms were luxurious. Hot springs were very enjoyable ... so much better than swimming in chlorinated pools. Club Rio was excellent, even got my 70+ year old parents to do the tubing (make sure to get the bigger blue tubes for older folks, larger-bodied adults or those who don't want to flip into the water). Club Rio took video the whole time and made us a fairly professional video of the tubing ... I think the video only cost $30 but was worth way more. Offsite, best activities were ziplining, waterfall repelling and river safari. In terms of the food at the resort, we actually thought it was very good for resort food, but it probably started to get a little boring towards the end of our 6 day trip, so I would recommend going out a few nights if you don't mind the amount of time it takes to get on and off the property, which would be my only very minor complaint ... it would be nice if they could pave the entry road. Since it is unpaved, it takes a really long time to get to the resort from the main road when you are coming and going each day for excursions.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo and Venere so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park