“Paradise” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
Special Deal
Save on Tour tickets
Chicago, Illinois
“Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The Springs Resort was amazing. Our room was stunning, the views were breathtaking and the service was outstanding. My only complaint was that I didn't find the food that great; don't get me wrong, it was good, but not great. The springs all around the property were gorgeous. We went in quite a few of them but found the hottest ones to be at the top of the property.

We did a river tour (booked it through the Springs) and it was so amazing. Our guide was so informative and was so very nice. We also went Zip Lining which was a blast, but it was raining so it hurt our eyes a bit (bring sunglasses even if it's cloudy).

The Springs is a great place to spend 3 or 4 nights, but I would suggest going down to the beach as well. We didn't see the sun at all for the 4 nights we stayed there. Yes, I know it's a rain forest, but I thought we may see at least an hour of sun a day.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This hotel is definitely 5 star! The help is wonderful and the facilities are unbeatable. One thing I found strange is that the prices for room service were cheaper than the same item at the restaurant. The sushi was fantastic!

Room Tip: My room was on the bottom floor and was excellent. It was beautifully appointed and the tub was qui...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Kennesaw, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Beautiful and relaxing - spas are amazing. We spent a week in February and our room overlooked the volcano. Hummingbirds everywhere. Relaxing entertainment. The manager was great. He personally helped us retrace our horse back riding tour to track down a lost personal item - we found it. Much of the staff were friendly and top notch - especially the wait staff. The bartenders could have been more friendly and attentive.

There is a swimup bar with a great view of the volcano.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

My friend and I somehow ended up in the honeymoon suite! Shame I wasn't on my honeymoon. The unit was amazing. 2 bedrooms 2 baths. Perfect view of the Volcano. The sushi restaurant was great and a few spots in town were good too! Nene's was one of the in town restaurants recommended to us.

Room Tip: Honeymoon suite was awesome!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

While I would never go there on dry season (nor could I afford to!) this resort was COMPLETELY worth the money. The hot springs are bountiful and beautiful, the view is incredible and the game room is pretty great too! Everyone who works there is SUPER especially our seemingly personal bell hop Allen. And if the resort wasn't great enough, the rescue animal house is an added bonus. Rudy was a terrific guide with lots of information and a great attitude in general. The one downside was that for how much we paid breakfast wasn't included.

• Stayed December 2012
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The Springs Resort & Spa is Unbelievable...I had the time of my life! The Resort's Amenities, Rooms & Service is 5 Stars. The staff is very attentive to your every need. The food is Fantastic & the Spring watefall pools are beautiful. The view of the volcano from my room, makes your day! I highly recommend staying here. I also went Zip Lining, Horse Back Riding, Rafting, & repelling over a waterfall. Very convenient location to all the major attractions that bring you to Costa Rica. I had the time of my life everything and plan to return next year. Rick Mulhern

Room Tip: Get the 2nd floor rooms looking over the Volcano. Very impressive....
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

If The Springs has any fault, it is that it is too nice. Seriously, it's hard to believe a resort can be so beautiful, the staff can be so friendly, the pools and springs can be so plentiful, the food can be so good and the activities can be so fun. I just feel guiltily having it all! Special kudos to the staff everywhere. We loved Oscar and Giancarlo, who took us horseback riding, Gabriella and the team at the spa, Rudy, who introduced us to the cats, and all the bartenders, waitstaff, and caretakers throughout who made us feel so at home. One more thing.. There are only 44 rooms here! We never waited for anything and there was plenty of room for privacy when we wanted it.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!