My boyfriend and I just returned back from The Hot Springs Resort and Spa after being there 3 nights over Thanksgiving week. It started with our 3 hour scenic car ride from San Jose, which I had arranged with the Hot Springs. Our driver was Rodrigo and he was great! You do have the opition to fly (natureair.com around $100 each way) however, I really did enjoy the drive especially because I have never been to Costa Rica before. But be prepared, the drive can be a bit bumpy and if have past experience with getting car sick, you may want to take something prior to the drive.
Once arriving at the resort, I was very much impressed with the beauty of the resort. Check in was very easy and they provided a 15min mini tour of the hotel that explained to us where dining was, the spa, Club Rio and the hot springs. Once arriving in our room, (vista room) I was very pleased. The room was very spacious, bed was very comfortable and had an impressive view of the volcano. Throughout our trip at the Hot Springs, I'd say we tried a little bit of everything they had to offer. But by far, Club Rio and our Extreme ATV tour was the best experience! Club Rio is located at the base of the resort (you take a 5min bus ride from the lobby, it leaves every 30min). They have many opitions for activities and its located right at the edge of the river in the midst of the rainforest. We tried the horseback riding, hiking and rock climbing. Extremely fun and the instructors and guides were very helpful and friendly. Whats also nice, is that they have restrooms, showers, a restaurant and bar down there as well! With respect to the hot springs, they were great! Not always as hot as what they say they are, but nice, warm and naturally heated by the volcano. In fact, you can see a lot of minerals still in the water. They have several locations for the hot springs all over the resort. Some right next to the main building, some closer to the villas hidden beneath the trees (very romantic) and some all throughout the hiking trails down near Club Rio. Overall, I would say we had a very pleasent experience at the Hot Springs. Great activities, nice rooms and hot springs. I would say the only things they may be able to improve on is, 1) the food, it was hit and miss on certain days. 2) the staff (most were VERY helpful and friendly). However, some seemed a little too casual and I would have appreciated a little more professionalism in their behavior. By far the best staff memeber they have is Will. He is a bartender and works throughout the resort. He is so nice, so friendly and always has a great attitude! Thanks Will!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park