“Very Grateful” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Springs Resort and Spa

Save Saved
You added The Springs Resort and Spa to your Saves list
The Springs Resort and Spa
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Near Montana de Fuego, La Fortuna de San Carlos, Arenal Volcano National Park, Costa Rica   |
San Jose, Costa Rica
“Very Grateful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I am German but living since 20 years in Costa Rica. When my parents came to visit us I wanted to stay with them them for shure a weekend at this wonderful Hotel in La Fortuna, which we love to visit for his exceptional rooms and view and great stuff. Unfortunately I could not share it with them because the night before we were supposed to go there my mother broke her arm. Thanks again to the always friendly stuff who canceled the reservation without any charge even they were entitled to do so. Will be back another day !! Martin F.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

1,333 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
Green Oaks, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Stunning hotel with Exceptional Staff ! Always Friendly & Helpful !
We stayed in 2 different rooms while here, & both were Fantastic !
Incredible Views of the Volcano !
The Buffet & the Treetop Grill were fine restaurants.
Their fine dining restaurant was a bit disappointing.
We had a bat fly around our room 1 night, but the staff looked into it & never saw it again.
We also a cat hang around our patio & catch mice, but you are in the jungle, stuff like this to
be expected. We just went with the flow.
We stayed at a beach hotel after this, & wished we just stayed here.
The People in Fortuna(in town & resort) are so Friendly & Nice.
Thought it was like this all around Costa Rica. Beach hotel staff was cold & unfriendly.
When I come back, I will visit this resort & area again !

Room Tip: If you can afford it, stay in 1 of the villas. Well Worth it !
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

On my way home from an awesome trip to Costa Rica - we spent the first 2 days in La Fortuna at the Springs - the staff was awesome, they looked after us and our every need. The rooms were awesome, clean with a private whirl pool with view of the volcano. We didn't realize how lucky we were! We even experienced a town-wide power outage one night - the hotel was cool calm and collected and we enjoyed an eclectic sushi dinner by mobile/ emergency lights- I thought they handled it very well. Only thing I will comment on is the natural springs, which really did not feel natural and left you wondering where the real springs where and trying to find hiking tours if you hadn't pre-booked was a little difficult. But all in all well worth it, I would go again!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for part of our stay in the La Fortuna area while on our 40th anniversary trip. We decided to stay here, based on great experiences at other resorts owned by the owner of this resort. This is not a cheap place to stay, but it is top shelf in every aspect. The rooms are extemely large and comfortable with all the amenities that you could want, with the plus of having some of the best views of the volcano.The restaraunts are very good whether eating at the buffet style or the centerpiece La Ventanas. One of the three best meals we had while in Costa RIca, we had at La Ventanas. The hot pools are very nice, although I will say that I do like the the hotter pools the best. You have your choice of the pools by the main building, the pools at La Perdido, and the new hot pools that have been built at the Club RIo area after the last earthquake opened up sone new hot springs on the property, These were actually the ones we liked best. Club Rio is an experience in and of itself. Plan on a whole day here to enjoy all the activites.If cost is not an issue, this is the place to stay for a couples get away, although there were alot of families here.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I am on my second worse night of sleep in a hotel EVER! The first was last night when we arrived. I was so tired I convinced myself the noise in our guest room was not an animal in our room just so I could go back to sleep. Tonight the noise started again as soon as the lights went out so my husband opened the minibar to find a mouse. He tried to catch it, but it got away. I called the front desk to ask that someone come to take care of it in the morning and he said he would send someone. I was SHOCKED that he offered no apology and no assurance that rodents in the guest room were abnormal. Two hours later at 12am, it was back again. I threw on the light and woke my husband. We looked at the wooden furniture which was less than a foot from where we were sleeping to see a large brown mouse walking across the front. My husband went again to catch it but it ran inside the furniture. That was an hour ago and I am still unable to sleep. Our two small children are sleeping in the room next door and it is 1am so we are stuck in this rodent room tonight.
You can offer the best food, location, activities, etc., but if there are rodents running around next to your bed while you sleep...or where you lay unable to sleep...none of it matters.
I will be exhausted tomorrow instead of enjoying what should be an amazing vacation.

• Stayed November 2012
Naples, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

First of all......I would like to extend my thanks to the staff and owner of this beautiful place. (Thank you Lee, Byron, Nano, Jean Carlo, Rick, Nicole, Daniele, Rudy, Kailor, and everyone else who made this the best week ever) This was the best vacation of our lives and I think we may be back in a few weeks! Not Joking! We are currently looking for property in the area just to be closer to HEAVEN. If you are looking to be swept off your feet and shown how the other half lives, THIS IS THE SPOT!!!

I am a firefighter from Collier County Florida, and by no means wealthy. Have you ever wanted to take a trip where you felt like you were the most important person on the planet? Have you ever wanted to live, if even for a short while, in a room that was built for kings or celebrities, and treated as such? THIS IS THE SPOT!!

Upon arriving at The Springs Resort you are met by a friendly gate guard in what appears to be a field of tall grass, very quiet and quaint. Little do you know that in just a few moments you will be swept off your feet and spun into pure nirvana. A short drive on a gravel road brings you to the top of a mountain in the clouds where I promise, you will never be happier.

When you reach the entrance, you will be greeted by a friendly staff ( hopefully Kailor ) AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS! You will be welcomed with a delicious drink made with local fruit, and booze (if you like). You will be given a tour of a small portion of the property and a map to help you navigate your way through heaven. I promise you, it only gets better!

Words cannot describe the feeling of relaxation in the rooms......

In the morning, you can take a short bus ride, and everything under the sun you might want to do is there. Club RIO, is at the bottom of the hill/mountain. River rafting, tubing, horseback riding, hiking, eating, drinking, so on and so on and so on and my favorite, climbing......Its all there! I am an avid rock climber and the (NEW) rock wall that the owner (Lee) has constructed is ridiculous! AWESOME!! The guys that work there are the best. Byron, Jean Carlo and Rick manage the WALL and are eager to help anyone who is willing to learn, at any age group or skill level. From the smallest climber to the most advanced, these guys truly love their job and cant wait to teach, or learn, everyday!

My fiance and I loved the horseback riding so much that we decided to go again the next day. Our guide, Nano, went above and beyond. He took us on an adventure that included crossing the river on horseback! We are not experienced riders, but his gentle way with the horses, and with us, made us feel so at home riding! We truly feel that we made a new friend in Nano!

If you are looking for a once in a life time experience, looking to make new friends to last a life time, the springs resort has my A+++. WE CAN NOT WAIT TO COME BACK. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH......... everyone who works there, you guys, and girls, make the difference.

Who ever handles the human resources in your company Lee, they have their finger on the pulse of progress! I have never met a group of people that enjoy their jobs and lives as much as they do! THANK YOU ,THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! PURA VIDA!!!!!!!!! The pure life is what you set out for I think, and you found it! ( for those of you that have no idea what Im talking about, just come see for yourself, you will not be upset.)

Room Tip: ROOM 210 is where we stayed, but every room faces the volcano, and every room that I toured looks un...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Very nice hotel, facilities and amazing views, but extremely expensive. They charge drinks and food at nyc prices... To go for a short term is ok, but more than 2-3 days it is not worth the costs..take note, that you will have to land in San Jose and then drive about 3 1/2 hours in very dangerous roads to La Fortuna where all the arenal hotels are.

• Stayed November 2012

Been to The Springs Resort and Spa? Share your experiences!