I am on my second worse night of sleep in a hotel EVER! The first was last night when we arrived. I was so tired I convinced myself the noise in our guest room was not an animal in our room just so I could go back to sleep. Tonight the noise started again as soon as the lights went out so my husband opened the minibar to find a mouse. He tried to catch it, but it got away. I called the front desk to ask that someone come to take care of it in the morning and he said he would send someone. I was SHOCKED that he offered no apology and no assurance that rodents in the guest room were abnormal. Two hours later at 12am, it was back again. I threw on the light and woke my husband. We looked at the wooden furniture which was less than a foot from where we were sleeping to see a large brown mouse walking across the front. My husband went again to catch it but it ran inside the furniture. That was an hour ago and I am still unable to sleep. Our two small children are sleeping in the room next door and it is 1am so we are stuck in this rodent room tonight.
You can offer the best food, location, activities, etc., but if there are rodents running around next to your bed while you sleep...or where you lay unable to sleep...none of it matters.
I will be exhausted tomorrow instead of enjoying what should be an amazing vacation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park