First of all......I would like to extend my thanks to the staff and owner of this beautiful place. (Thank you Lee, Byron, Nano, Jean Carlo, Rick, Nicole, Daniele, Rudy, Kailor, and everyone else who made this the best week ever) This was the best vacation of our lives and I think we may be back in a few weeks! Not Joking! We are currently looking for property in the area just to be closer to HEAVEN. If you are looking to be swept off your feet and shown how the other half lives, THIS IS THE SPOT!!!
I am a firefighter from Collier County Florida, and by no means wealthy. Have you ever wanted to take a trip where you felt like you were the most important person on the planet? Have you ever wanted to live, if even for a short while, in a room that was built for kings or celebrities, and treated as such? THIS IS THE SPOT!!
Upon arriving at The Springs Resort you are met by a friendly gate guard in what appears to be a field of tall grass, very quiet and quaint. Little do you know that in just a few moments you will be swept off your feet and spun into pure nirvana. A short drive on a gravel road brings you to the top of a mountain in the clouds where I promise, you will never be happier.
When you reach the entrance, you will be greeted by a friendly staff ( hopefully Kailor ) AND THE ADVENTURE BEGINS! You will be welcomed with a delicious drink made with local fruit, and booze (if you like). You will be given a tour of a small portion of the property and a map to help you navigate your way through heaven. I promise you, it only gets better!
Words cannot describe the feeling of relaxation in the rooms......
In the morning, you can take a short bus ride, and everything under the sun you might want to do is there. Club RIO, is at the bottom of the hill/mountain. River rafting, tubing, horseback riding, hiking, eating, drinking, so on and so on and so on and my favorite, climbing......Its all there! I am an avid rock climber and the (NEW) rock wall that the owner (Lee) has constructed is ridiculous! AWESOME!! The guys that work there are the best. Byron, Jean Carlo and Rick manage the WALL and are eager to help anyone who is willing to learn, at any age group or skill level. From the smallest climber to the most advanced, these guys truly love their job and cant wait to teach, or learn, everyday!
My fiance and I loved the horseback riding so much that we decided to go again the next day. Our guide, Nano, went above and beyond. He took us on an adventure that included crossing the river on horseback! We are not experienced riders, but his gentle way with the horses, and with us, made us feel so at home riding! We truly feel that we made a new friend in Nano!
If you are looking for a once in a life time experience, looking to make new friends to last a life time, the springs resort has my A+++. WE CAN NOT WAIT TO COME BACK. THANK YOU SO SO MUCH......... everyone who works there, you guys, and girls, make the difference.
Who ever handles the human resources in your company Lee, they have their finger on the pulse of progress! I have never met a group of people that enjoy their jobs and lives as much as they do! THANK YOU ,THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!! PURA VIDA!!!!!!!!! The pure life is what you set out for I think, and you found it! ( for those of you that have no idea what Im talking about, just come see for yourself, you will not be upset.)
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, EasyToBook, Venere, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa at Arenal reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.