The Springs is amazing. A lot of couples and families, but also so much fun for a girls trip. 4 of us spent 4 nights. we reserved the 3 bedroom suite. One of the rooms was not connected to the other ones. it actually worked out nicely for us. The staff at the hotel could not have been nicer. anything they could possibly do for us was done and they exceeded any expectation we had.
The food was fantastic. We dined at Ventanas one night and each of us loved our appetizers and meals. The other nights we ate at the main restaurant where a variety of food is offered, including sushi. Perfect for our group!
The hot springs were so nice and there are so many to choose from. Awesome to come back to after a day trip adventure. One had a water slide which we decided is great if we had our kids with us.
We tried to book for massages together at the spa and was told only two were available. Five minutes later, the woman at the desk at the spa, made two more happen for us. As I said, our expectations were totally exceeded. Spa is very nice and massueses were excellent.
CLUB RIO....DO NOT MISS...what an awesome facility. First we went kayaking. So much fun. we had three guides with us and they were so awesome. the river was perfect for us and we enjoyed it immensely. After kayaking the guides took us to a spring behind the cliffs and we had fun putting mud on our faces.
Then we did the rock climbing walls. another great time. They also offer horseback riding, tubing atvs, and there is wildlife tours. we finished club rio with a delicious lunch. There are no lockers offered and your belongings are stored in the "warehouse" next to the horse stables. There are changing rooms with showers.
The concierge was great. he booked our day trips and transportation to and from hotel to airport, making everything easy for us
All in all a great trip. So happy we picked this resort and we will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park