I just came back from a great trip at The Springs Resort. I have been to Arenal many times, and I was interested to check out The Springs Resort's new adventure area called Club Rio. We first did horseback riding through the rainforest which was amazing. They take great care of the horses. The stables looked clean and the horses were well fed.
Although the rock wall is just being finished for high season, we were lucky enough to do it when we were there! The wall has 4 different difficult levels and you can choose which level you'd prefer. After you reach the top, you can rappel down on a rope! This was one of the nicest rock walls I have ever seen.
My favorite part of the trip was definitely the tubing adventure where we got to race through the rapids on individual tubes. It's a great alternative to white water rafting that works well for couples and families (with children older than 12). I was very impressed by all of the tour guides we met at Club Rio, but the guides that assisted us with the tubing adventure really made our trip fun while always keeping safety in mind. I loved that after the tubing tour, you literally float down the river till you get to their natural hot spring pools. The view is a amazing and the pools are so relaxing.
The Club Rio package is a great value. It's $99 and it includes two tours at Club Rio, a day pass to the beautiful hot springs and an authentic Costa Rican lunch. Many tours only allow you to do one activity a day, but this is the perfect place to do many tours in one area without having to travel around. I would recommend this tour to EVERYBODY looking for a full day of adventure!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park