We were given a tip to go to The Springs if we wanted a hot springs experience by the owner of Lucky Bug. She says all the locals go there rather than Tabacon which costs$85.00 for a one day pass. The Springs costs $60.00 for a TWO day pass and it is well worth it. 13 hot pools are there to entice you with a range of hotness. The pools are somewhat secluded for privacy and also include a "monkey slide" from a platform into the last hot pool. We tried it and it was great fun. In addition thr resort has several restaurants and a snack bar all of which we thought were most reasonable and delicious. The view of Arenal volcano is tremendous and takes your breath away. No eruptions when we were there in early August but you could see smoke coming from the top We highly recommend The Springs. Oh for an additional $40.00 per day there is a wide range of resort activities including tubing down the river, horseback riding and other outdoor activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A world class luxury resort featuring spectacular Hot Springs, picture perfect views of the Arenal Volcano from every guest room and four restaurants including our famous Ginger Sushi Bar and Las Ventanas fine dining. Enjoy our 18 mineral-laden, artesian hot springs and our 14,000 square foot Spa and Fitness Center. On our exclusive 165 acre rain forest and riverfront property we offer horseback riding, river activities, ATV and hiking tours. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Jetsetter so you can book your The Springs Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Springs Resort And Spa At Arenal Hotel La Fortuna De San Carlos
- The Springs Hotel
- The Springs Resort And Spa Costa Rica/Arenal Volcano National Park